Anti-Aging & Longevity Institute

Home
About Dr. Tuakli
Anti-Aging Program
Bioidentical Therapies
Human Growth Hormone
Cosmetic Treatments
Weight Control Treatments
FAQ
Family Practice
Products
Terms of Use
Contact Us
Locations

Read The Blog
for Up to Date News

Alt Text

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Buying Blinds,Balancing Hormones and Trekking from Pennsylvania!

Having prescribed Bio-Identical Hormones for nearly 20 years, I have many amusing anecdotes that I tell from time to time. i thought I would share some of them on my blog.
When a new patient requests Bio-identical Hormone Replacement we perform a thorough review of their medical history and symptoms. In addition, I consult with them so that they have a good understanding of how Hormone Replacement works and together we determine if they would be a good candidate for Hormone Balancing.

One day, after a long discussion with a patient who had driven down from Pennsylvania, she stood up and said with a big smile on her face "I'm so glad I decided to buy those blinds!".
Baffled I asked her what she meant, the ensuing story was amusing:

She went on to explain that she had ordered some window treatments. The installer brought his wife along with him to the job. While he was installing the blinds, his wife noticed my patient fanning herself and sweating incessantly. This resulted in a conversation about menopause and the installer's wife referring the customer to me!

That story tickled me and I always chuckle when I recount it.

These days she tells another one that I like, she says her husband refers more patients to me than she does! She says when they go out to dinner with his friends and their wives he leans over to his friends and whispers "Your wife should see my wife's doctor!" or when his friends complain about their love life he tells them to fill up the car and drive down to Columbia.

Happy Easter! Still waiting for Spring.

Dr Tuakli

1 comment:

  1. Great story! It's true that when you find something fabulous, you want to share it with everyone! I'm definitely going to pass along your blog to a couple of my friends that are suffering from the effects of menopause. Thanks for all the great info on your site. Can you talk more about bio-identical hormone treatment vs more traditional treatments?

    ReplyDelete

 

Home | About Dr. Tuakli | Anti-Aging Program | Bioidentical Hormone Therapies | Human Growth Hormone (HGH) | Cosmetic Treatment
Weight Control Treatment | FAQ | Family Practice | Products | Terms of Use | Contact Us


Locations
10814 Hickory Ridge Road
Columbia, Maryland 21044
13637 Route 1
Laurel, Maryland 20707
Contact: Cindy Battle
(410) 992-3266
(410) 992-0011